The Steering Committee is an advisory body. It is elected by the General Assembly of EPTA members that takes place every two years. The Committee consists of representatives of 5 EPTA members, the EPTA president and the EuroPris liaison.
Currently the members of the Steering Committee are:
- Patrick Cotti, Head of the Swiss Prison Staff Training Centre
- Riccardo Turrini Vita, Head of the Italian Higher School of Penitentiary Studies
- Marta Ferrer, Catalonian Centre for Legal Studies and Specialised Training
- Sophie Bleuet, French Ecole Nationale de Administration Penitentiare
- Ryszard Czapracki, Polish Central Training Centre of Prison Service
- EuroPris Liason